It’s been a few months since a blog post, hello! Good afternoon, evening, morning wherever you are. We changed up the homepage photos, so if you never look at the homepage, have a peek…
For the most part we’ve been adding Glen solo dates to his 2012 gigs page here. So far mostly support for Eddie Vedder this spring with a few solo shows tossed in, then a couple of European summer festivals including Electric Picnic in September.
– In addition, the Hunger Games Soundtrack is due out on March 20. Then Glen’s long awaited as yet untitled solo record is due out in June! We’ve created a press page for press & media related to Glen’s 2011 & 2012 solo tours/record.
– The other buzz is around the Broadway premiere of the Once musical. We’ve a page dedicated to that here with recent news and information.
– We just added an interview Glen did with Fretboard Journal in Spring 2010. 13 pages of PDFs including some wonderful photos. Thanks to Fleur for passing it along!
– A VEVO channel for The Frames popped up in February on YouTube, so perhaps head over there and subscribe. Currently it’s only featuring the Australian gig from 2007 that is also available on Hulu and here on OITS.
– We have a complete set of videos (minus unreleased songs) for Glen’s 2011 summer gig in Reykavic Iceland.
– A whole bunch of new videos from the Frames’ 2010 anniversary show in DC at the 9:30 Club recently appeared on YT, so we’ve added those.
– A page for this past Christmas Eve busk that seemed to happen all over Dublin!
– Glen sings on some songs on Mark Geary’s latest album songs about love, songs about leaving.
– AND Graham recently chatted with Brian Downey, drummer of Thin Lizzy, for Zildjian.
– Glen & Colm are featured on Michael Brunnock’s new album The Orchard due out this Spring. You can watch the video for the title track here.
– Colm is one of the many players on Peter Courtney’s charity single White Roses. Others include Mundy, Cathy Davey, Mick and Johnny Cronin, The Aftermath, Julie Feeney, Vyvienne Long, Duncan Patterson and Una Monaghan. White Roses is a tribute to Peter’s mother who passed last year. All proceeds go to the Irish Hospice Foundation and the Regional Hospices nationwide. You can get the single for 99 cents at iTunes here.
We think that’s about it, or at least what we’ve made note of. If any of the above is inaccurate please let us know. Obviously, more to come soon! Have a great weekend….