March is the month of spring breaks at our houses, 3 weeks worth spread out between us, so we’re both a little cuckoo and needing of our own spring break! Perhaps we’ll take our wooooo spring break! to one of the Eddie Vedder/Glen Hansard gigs some weekend this summer!
In the meantime, we have some updates to the site this week per the usual, so check it out:
– a new page for Glen’s bit at the White House on St. Patrick’s Day
– Glen speaking with Dave Fanning at RTE2 FM about the Paddy’s Day gig at the bottom of the Radio section (and on the gig page)
– video for The Commitments in Killarney on 15 March
– reviews, photos, videos (including Glen doing the Phil Lynott song Old Town) from The Commitments at the O2 19 March (and Andrew Strong killing it on The Land Of A Thousand Dances, seriously)
– link to a gig review added for 16 October 2005 at Irving Plaza in NYC
– link to a gig review at the state.ie site added for 13 Dec 2010 Vicar Street
– cool poster from 2005 Sasquatch Festival added to Gig Posters page (for sale through link to artist site)
Of course, our next Thursday update is the day after the For The Birds 10th Anniversary show at Vicar Street. Given that the gig is 5 hours ahead of us, hopefully we’ll be able to fill out the 30 March FTB page where we’ve already put up a couple of previews including a scan of the Irish Times spread from 22 March (thanks Carol!). Until then, ramble on….