11/30 – Thanks to everyone for their generous bids! We raised over $1600 for the Irish Fragile X Society. You can see what each item went for below. Again, Frames fans prove themselves to be a special group of folks. Much love!
On 29 November, The Frames, The Mary Janes & Friends will be rocking Vicar Street in honor of Mic Christopher. All proceeds from the gig will be donated to the Irish Fragile X Society.
The Irish Fragile X Society is dedicated to raising awareness of Fragile X (FX) and the FX carrier associated disorders; FXTAS (FX-associated Tremor Ataxia Syndrome which may be misdiagnosed with other conditions including Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, dementia and/or stroke) and FXPOI (FX-associated Primary Ovarian Insufficiency) a cause of infertility, early menopause and other ovarian problems with women who are carriers. Fragile X Syndrome is the most common known cause of inherited developmental disabilities and the most common known genetic cause of autism. Fragile X affects approximately 150,000 people in Europe and as many as one in 130 women are estimated to be carriers of Fragile X.
The importance of early diagnosis of Fragile X is two-fold. Firstly, there are many relatives who are at risk of having affected children who could benefit from genetic counselling, carrier testing and the offer of pre-natal diagnosis. Secondly, specialist help should be sought in areas of sensory integration/occupational therapy, speech and language development, behaviour modification and education. Adults with Fragile X have specific problems too, the understanding and management of which can be helped once their diagnosis is known.
Too few people have heard of Fragile X and still many doctors know little about it. Although almost as widespread as cystic fibrosis and muscular dystrophy, Fragile X is greatly under-recognised and under-diagnosed in Europe. Parents, when told they have a child with Fragile X can experience a sense of isolation and guilt. Support especially around the sensitive time of diagnosis is crucial. The Irish Fragile X Society provides parent to parent support. We are currently fundraising to have Fragile X experts from the States visit Ireland to educate and deliver therapy intensives for our families. This much needed support and assistance will be invaluable for many. For more information, please download this Factsheet PDF or visit the Irish Fragile X Society website.
We’re really excited to be able to help out with the cause by hosting this auction full of wonderful items up for bid! We’re running it through eBay at our account here, but also we’ve listed each item below with a link directly to its eBay auction. Bidding will beginon all items on Friday 18th November at 10am Dublin time (5am EST) which is the first Fragile X Awareness Day in Europe. If you have any questions about the items before or during bidding, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
+ All proceeds will go to the Irish Fragile X Society.
+ Bidding for all items will begin on 18 November at 10am Dublin time & end on 28 November. Yes, 10 days!
+ Because we are US-based, bidding will be in US DOLLARS so be sure to take that into account when making your bids!
+ Winners will be contacted via email at the end of the auction in order to work out payment. Paypal is the preferred payment method.
+ All items will be shipped from The Frames office in Wexford, Ireland. Cost via standard mail from Ireland will be covered by the shipper. If you are interested in any other mailing add-ons like insurance, speedier delivery service, etc, that will be of cost to the winner and can be worked out after the auction. Orderinthesound.com nor The Frames are responsible for lost or damaged packages in the mail.
Here are the items that will be available for bidding. Click through to eBay to place your bids, and tell your friends!
Autographed The Frames/The Swell Season CD Library + More
Winning Bid: $463.88
– Signed The Frames CDs – Another Love Song, Fitzcarraldo, Dance the Devil, For the Birds, Roads Outgrown, Set List, Burn The Maps, The Cost
– Signed The Frames CD singles – I Am The Magic Hand EP, Rent Day Blues EP, Come On Up to the House EP, Lay Me Down, Headlong, Fake, Finally, Sideways Down, Happy, Falling Slowly
– Signed The Swell Season CDs – The Swell Season, Strict Joy Deluxe with DVD, Once Original Soundtrack
– Signed “The Hare’s Corner” CD – violinist Colm Mac Con Iomaire solo
– Signed “Blowing Out the Cobwebs” CD – guitarist Rob Bochnik solo
– Signed “Anar” CD – Marketa Irglova solo
Autographed The Frames Vinyl Rarities + More
Winning Bid: $307
– Signed “I Am The Magic Hand” 10″ vinyl – out of print and hard to find EP, 5 songs including the original version of “God Bless Mom” and an acoustic “The Stars Are Underground”
– Signed “Pavement Tune” 7″ from ZTT Records, 1999 – out of print and hard to find. Includes “Steal My Body Home” & “Look Back Now”
– Signed “For The Birds” 12″ LP – out of print
– T-Shirt (your choice from a selection)
– a couple of little surprise bits and bobs from The Frames office
Autographed “The Dancer” 12″ single
Winning Bid: $61.00
Signed “The Dancer” 12″ single – Never played! B-side: “Last Song To You” & “Stamp My Name”. “The Dancer” was the first single from The Frames’ first studio album “Another Love Song” 1991, Island Records- out of print.
Autographed “I Am The Magic Hand” 10″ vinyl EP
Winning Bod: $137.50
Signed “I Am The Magic Hand” 10″ vinyl – out of print and hard to find EP, 5 songs including the original version of “God Bless Mom” and an acoustic “The Stars Are Underground”
Autographed For The Birds 12″ vinyl LP + Horsehead T-shirt
Winning Bid: $71.55
+ Signed “For The Birds” 12″ LP – new, out of print
+ The Frames Horsehead design t-shirt- Men’s L or XL (your choice)
Original “The Hare’s Corner” Proof Print Artwork + Signed “The Hare’s Corner” CD
Winning Bid: $143.50
Original block print of the Hare from the artwork on Colm Mac Con Iomaire’s 2008 solo record “The Hare’s Corner”. Artist: Sheila Mac Nally. PLUS an autographed “The Hare’s Corner” CD.
2008 GRAMMY Awards Package
Winning Bid: $122.50
– 2008 GRAMMY Awards Nomination Book, autographed by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova
– Tickets for the televised event, at which Glen and Mar were nominated for Best Song Written for a Motion Picture (Falling Slowly) and Best Compilation Soundtrack Album (Once OST).
Gold Disc for the Once Soundtrack
Winning Bid: $142.50
– The RIAA Certified Gold Disc presented to The Swell Season manager Claire Leadbitter to commemorate sales of more than 500,000 copies of the “Once” Soundtrack released in 2007.
Three Autographed Original Promotional Fly Posters for The Frames
Winning Bid: $142.50
– Three autographed posters, each measuring 60″ x 40″, used to promote the following releases: “For the Birds” (2001), “Burn The Maps” (2004) and “The Cost” (2006). A bit dog-eared from hanging out in The Frames office