Indeed the 30th anniversary celebration is finally happening 28 May in Dublin at Royal Kilmainham Hospital. Here’s to 32 years as a band! Unfortunately the US Gigs from last Fall have been cancelled so at this time the Dublin party is the only one. Lucky you to everyone who is attending!
Jason Molina Tribute EP Media
Glen, along with Rob Bochnik, Jeff Panall, Jennie Benford and Dan and Rob Sullivan, have recorded a tribute EP for their late friend Jason Molina of Songs:Ohia. It Was Triumph We Once Proposed…Songs of Jason Molina features 5 tracks and is available now via Glen’s site here. All profits will be donated to a charity in Molina’s honor.
Consequence of Sound review
17 March – Interview with Indiana Public Radio
17 March – Performance on The Late Show with David Letterman (try this link if you are outside the USA)
15 March – Interview on Sunday Weekend Edition on NPR
11 March – Interview on Ray D’Arcy on RTÉ Radio 1
13 February – Interview & 2 songs with WFHB in Bloomington, Indiana
Glen Releasing EP featuring Springsteen’s “Drive All Night” & 3 Original Songs
This month, Glen will release a 4 song EP featuring Bruce Springsteen’s Drive All Night with some help from Eddie Vedder & Jake Clemons & producer Joe Henry. Vinyl & CD versions will be available on November 25 via Amazon & ANTI- (& Plateau in Ireland) while a digital version of the EP will be available on December 3 via iTunes. You can hear the song now at RollingStone.com.
All profits from the digital single sales of Drive All Night will be donated to Little Kids Rock, the non-profit charity Clarence Clemons donated his energy towards. A portion of the proceeds from the vinyl and cd sales will be donated as well. Little Kids Rock provides music education classes to K-12 students in public schools that have been stripped of their music programs.
The B Side of the EP will feature 3 more songs by Glen – Pennies In The Fountain, Renata & Step Out Of The Shadows.
Glen & the band performed with Bruce Springsteen over the summer at the Wrecking Ball Weekender in Ireland. Watch Glen on stage with Bruce & the E Street Band performing “Drive….”
Hiya / Update
How’s everyone? We just wanted to say hi and fill you in on some upcoming events in the coming week (there’s many!) & provide a little recap of recent stuff. So here’s a calendar of sorts:
– Glen is playing the MusicNow Festival in Cincinnati Ohio
– There is a The Frames: In The Deep Shade screening at Lincoln Hall in Chicago as well as one at DeBarra’s in Cork
– Glen will join The Love Reading Series at Arlene’s Grocery NYC
– Graham & friends are Square Pegs! This time they will be playing some Chicago Blues, 50’s R&B & New Orleans Blues at Whelans front bar from 7-9pm
– Glen is participating in Poetry & The Creative Mind at Lincoln Center in NYC
– Colm will perform for the Dalai Lama at the Millenium Forum in Derry
– Glen will be at the Glucksman Ireland House at NYU for a discussion about music & songwriting
– Graham & Joe will play with lots of other folks at The Sugar Club in Dublin for a Tribute to Levon Helm. Money raised will go to the Irish Cancer Society.
– Glen joins John Wesley Harding’s Cabinet of Wonders at City Winery in NYC
– The Frames: In The Deep Shade starts a week long run at the Lighthouse Theatre in Dublin
Not to mention, April & May bring lots of Framesy birthdays! Happy happy birthday to Glen, Claire, Joe & Colm, a bevy of Tauruses.
Conor Masterson’s The Frames: In The Deep Shade has further screenings scheduled in LA, Portland, Belfast & Rotterdam for now. You can keep an eye at the ITDS website. We have a page here too with news & links to reviews/interviews as they appear.
Sounds like Australia & New Zealand were a fantastic time for everyone! We’ve got setlists & the usual over here & also some interviews & performances on local radio & the like over here at TV & Radio and here at Features & Interviews.
In case you haven’t poked around, we have pages for each current band member on the site as well so have a click through to Graham, Colm & Rob‘s pages to see what those guys have been up to.
Thanks y’all, have a great weekend…. jenn & shannon
(photo by Ivi!)